Having to choose between digital and traditional offset printing methods isn’t as easy as it may seem. When juxtaposing the many benefits of both methods, it can seem like having to choose between 12 and half a dozen. Because you must make a choice to enable you to progress quickly. We have come up with factors you should consider to help you facilitate your decision-making about digital or traditional printing methods:
Factors responsible to choose between Digital or Traditional Printing
- Cost effectiveness: Because you are a business aimed at profit maximization, you should be able to draft your budget. And choose a printing method that best suits that budget. You don’t have to bore holes in your pocket just to print. In this light, it is advisable you go for digital printing as it has a reputation of being cheap. In comparison to offset printing although, traditional methods become cheaper as the quantity of your prints increases.
- Time effectiveness: If you’re on a tight schedule, digital printing is better for you. As offset printing takes a lot of time to produce.
- Customization: If you intend to create a personalized effect with your prints by customizing them. To suit individual preferences, digital printing is the way to go. As traditional printing methods don’t offer you this opportunity.
- If you are big on sizes, then you should consider traditional printing methods. As they don’t limit the sizes of prints you can produce. Unlike digital printing that restricts the length of prints.
- You should also consider making your choice on digital or traditional printing by the type of design you want on your prints. If precision and uniformity are important to you, you should consider choosing offset printing methods. Digital printings are impossible to achieve some types of unique inks like fluorescent inks, etc. Traditional printing methods also help to bring special finishing touches to your prints that you can’t get via digital printing.
- As regards using some kind of paper for printing. Digital prints cannot work with certain kinds of papers and you would have to stick with offset printing. Quality-wise, traditional methods are better too.
Optamark helps you achieve your printing aims to a very high degree of precision whether you finally decide on digital and offset printing.